Sport brings together people of all kinds, regardless of their language, culture, race, social status, age, gender. Be it a football game or a skating competition, we cheer as one, we cry as one, we connect at such a deep level that words just can't explain. The sport language is undoubtedly universal. Until it's not.
The sport industry is the most international of them all and, therefore, requires a massive amount of materials to be translated, to ensure that teams, athletes, sponsors and, of course, supporters have the most rewarding experience.
Athletes are constantly on the move for national or international competitions. They often play for teams based in a foreign country and the language barrier can be a big hurdle for them to face. To be able to thrive in constantly changing environments, it's important that they feel at ease without having to worry about linguistic and intercultural problems. That's where translators and interpreters come in.
Sponsors play a big role in the financial support of all sport events. But as a sponsor, you are not there just for the glory, you need a return on your investment. In order for you to maximize your profits, it's critical that your materials, banners, campaigns, advertising are translated and localized properly into the local language. During events so emotionally-charged as sports competitions, the right words at the right time can make a big difference. When their team wins, you want to be there with the most effective and inspiring message that talks not only to their brains but also, and most importantly, to their hearts.
Fans are the ones who really run the show. Depending on the quality of service they receive, they will decide how much of their time and money to invest into a sport event. Italian supporters are incredibly passionate and loyal, but they won't buy anything in a foreign language. It's something they are not comfortable with. If you want them to trust you, you need to provide all the information in Italian: signs, press releases, articles, practical information about the event, the purchase process, merchandise... everything. Make life easier for them and they will keep coming back, because sport is something deeply rooted in our culture. Don't miss this chance to reach a highly profitable market, get your content translated into Italian.
What can I translate for you?
- Interviews and press conferences
- Website copy
- Press releases
- Business documents
- Match summaries
- Event and marketing material
- Educational material
- Magazine articles
- Sales brochures
- Sport equipment descriptions
- Advertising campaigns and more.
You are unique and the same goes for every project that you need me to work on.
The price for this service starts at 0.14 EUR/word or 0.20 CAD/word.
However, prices vary depending on many different factors, such as subject matter, format, deadline, target audience and so forth. You don't need to worry! Just shoot me an email and I will draft a free non-binding quote tailored to your needs.
I know that the work environment in the sport industry can be very fast-paced and stressful. You have so many things to take care of! That's why I created a customizable package for the sport industry. Let me take care of the linguistic part of the challenge, so that you can focus on what you do best: ensuring the success of your event. Here's what's included:
- Translation of your web copy and/or marketing materials into Italian;
- Project management if you need additional languages: I find reliable translators for the desired language, manage the communication and the work flow, take care of the quality assurance process;
- SEO keyword research and close collaboration with your web designers and marketing team to maximize the results on Google;
- Complete and thorough review of the translated materials before they go live (website review or typeset materials review, etc), to make sure that all the links work and the displayed text looks good;
- Exposure on my blog. If you wish, I can use our collaboration as a case study, documenting the experience. Back links to your website and social channels will be provided;
- Management of your social media channels in Italian. We create a social media calendar together and I write/translate, schedule, post and
manage your Italian accounts.
- Consecutive interpreting at small events. Are you hosting an event with Italian customers? Are you going to a trade show where you expect to talk to Italian potential customers or partners? I can interpret for you (consecutive mode only, as I am not trained for conference interpreting and I couldn't guarantee a high-quality result).
Remote or in-person option
Translators usually work remotely, however for this specific package I'd be happy to personally come to your offices and work with your team. This would ensure smoother communication and a faster turnaround time, as well as a more personal approach to the project. [*All travel and accommodation expenses would have to be covered by the client.]
Ready to reach some enthusiastic Italian fans?